Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trim Reveal!

It's been quite a long 13 days, but it's finally done! I feel so relieved and accomplished! I knew painting the trim in all three of our major rooms would be a huge job but, I have to admit, I still underestimated how much work it would be. I'm just exhausted from it all! It becomes so extremely tedious to be painting the same thing 13 days straight, esp. when there are complications and hiccups along the way. Of course, it didn't help that I got sick part way through.

Luckily I'm fully recovered now, and feeling great about the finished trim. Parents will be home in a few days, I'm a super excited to see what they think. Particularly my mom, because my dad will probably just say "Aaaaalright," in his signature way, which usually means he approves, he just isn't that into it. :P

Okay, so, of course, before I can show you the new trim, I have to show you some before pictures. After all, what would blog world be without before pictures?
Nothing...the answer is nothing. So here's a peek at the trim/doors before:






And a nice detail shot so you can see how beat up it was:



Yeah, pretty nasty! Although, admittedly, not all of it was as beat up as the trim in the picture above. Even so, the color was really bad.



Alright, now unto the afters!



I feel like I'm in a new house, seriously! Everything looks so fresh and new!


Our blue front door looks so much better without that ugly tan framing it!






It's still not perfect, as you can see from the picture above. There are still nicks and such, but they aren't really noticeable unless you get really close.

Overall I'm incredibly satisfied with how it turned out! I love waking up and seeing the new trim as I come down the hallway. It brightens my morning.


There is one room I purposefully didn't show you the trim in, and you'll find out why in a couple of days here. I'm pretty excited to share it with you all, but as it's not quite finished just yet I'll have to wait. So stay tuned for that!

Thank you all so much for reading, and don't forget to check out my link parties!




8 comments:

  1. It really looks amazing!! So nice and bright! I'm sure both of your parents will appreiate all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Robby! I HATE painting trim, but after, it just looks so much better. Funny what you said about your dad. Most men are like that.

    What does your mom say about all of your projects? I bet she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a transformation and well worth the work right? We're smack dab in the middle of painting all of trim (along with about a MILLION other things) Those lists never stop do they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks GREAT!
    I had to laugh when you said it took longer than you thought it would - that is how every single project I do turns out, even when I double the length of time I planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks great! I've been going back and forth lately about painting our trim and you totally just made up my mind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! It's amazing the difference white trim makes.

    I featured your project on my Fab Friday Favorites today.

    Cheers!

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is some long tedious work. And it doesn't really make a statement until it is all done. but a statement it made. it looks great.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so much better! And you're right, you can't tell it's beat up unless you get really close. Mine is like that too and I can't be bothered to go buy new stuff. Yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...